The University of Florida Water Institute invites affiliate faculty, staff and students to enter its 2020 Photography Contest.
The contest aims to highlight the work that our affiliate faculty, staff, and students are conducting in the field, in the lab and in the classroom. Submissions that fulfill the requirements will be used to tell the story of the diverse water related research, education, extension and outreach programs conducted at the University of Florida via the Water Institute social media, webpage, and other communication products. Entrants give consent to share photos on the Water Institute’s websites, printed materials and social media accounts. Entrants will be credited when their photos are used.
Eligibility: This contest is open to UF Water Institute affiliated faculty, staff, and students.
Categories: Photos can enter one of the following categories:
- Extension and Outreach
Awards: Five winners (one per category and two at a large) will receive a $100 gift certificate and their pictures will be featured on our website.
- Each entrant may submit up to two (2) digital photos.
- E-mail submissions or prints will not be accepted.
- Photo files must be titled as: Last Name_First Name_Department. (if you are uploading more than one picture please number them)
- The size of your digital photos must be at least 1500 x 1200 pixels, at a minimum of 150 pixels per inch, and no more than 20mb.
- Photos must be accompanied by a brief description of the research, education, extension or outreach program they depict, including the location at which they were taken (no more than 450 characters with spaces)
- Photos must be ones that you personally have taken.
- Unedited photos are preferred, but minimally edited photos will be accepted.
- Entrants accept all responsibility for the content provided and consent of anyone featured in photos.
Deadlines: All entries must be received electronically no later than August 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM. Winners will be announced by September 30, 2020.