Understanding the physical, chemical, and biological mechanisms that control the release, fate, and transport of nutrients, metals, and emerging contaminants in the enviroment.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications (7 of 35):
1. Toor, G.S., R.D. Harmel, B.E. Haggard, and G. Schmidt. 2008. Evaluation of regression methodology with low-frequency water quality sampling to estimate constituent loads for ephemeral watersheds in Texas. Journal of Environmental Quality, 37:1847-1854.
2. Banger, K., S.S. Kukal, G.S. Toor, and K. Sudhir. Impact of long-term additions of chemical fertilizers and farm yard manure on carbon and nitrogen sequestration under rice-cowpea cropping system in semi-arid tropics. Plant and Soil. DOI 10.1007/s11104-008-9813-z .
3. Toor, G.S., B.E. Haggard, and A.M. Donoghue. 2007. Water extractable trace elements in poultry litters and granulated products. Journal of Applied Poultry Research, 16:351-360.
4. Toor, G.S., S. Hunger, J.D. Peak, J.T. Sims, and D.L. Sparks. 2006. Advances in the characterization of phosphorus in organic wastes: environmental and agronomic applications. Advances in Agronomy, 89:1-72.
5. Toor, G.S., B.J. Cade-Menun, and J.T. Sims. 2005. Establishing a linkage between phosphorus forms in dairy diets, feces, and manures. Journal of Environmental Quality, 34:1380-1391.
6. Toor, G.S., L.M. Condron, H.J. Di, and K.C. Cameron. 2004. Seasonal fluctuations in phosphorus loss by leaching from a free draining grassland soil. Soil Science Society of America Journal, J. 68:1429-1436.
7. Toor, G.S., L.M. Condron, H.J. Di, K.C. Cameron, and B.J. Cade-Menun. 2003. Characterization of organic phosphorus in leachate from a grassland soil. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 35:1317-1323.